Tuesday, December 20, 2005

In keeping with tradition, we have a house full of sick kiddos. The kids and I first passed around a stomach bug over the weekend. Now we've moved on to a cold. The boys missed their last 2 days at school this week, and missed their last sessions with Nikki, our ABA therapist who works with the kids in the home. Nikki has worked with Joshua since he was 1 yrs old. She graduated last week with a masters in speech pathology. We wish Nikki the best, but we will miss her very, very much. We are now out of therapists. Christina also got her masters in speech path last May. Maria had a baby boy this past August. I guess I need to start trolling the local colleges to find a student to train, but the idea does not sound right at this time. I will need to make a schedule so I can start working with the boys. Their ABA sessions are one on one, so maybe I can find a high school student to come and sit with the girls while I work with the boys. Sounds like a plan..

We are hoping that we will all be healthy by this Saturday - Christmas Eve. Deren has been healthy so far - say a prayer! Our church is having special services for families at 4 and 5. We haven't been since Jacob's first Christmas. The kids have been sick every Christmas since then (the makings of our tradition LOL!). There will be one Christmas service on Sunday. I am hoping the boys will be okay with this. They usually go to a classroom for special needs' kids staffed with trained volunteers each week.

I have been reading from the Bible with Rachael each day. She likes to sing Away in the Manger and the "Baby Jesus" song (from church). She points to Mary and the Wise Men and says "Baby Jesus."

No comments: