Saturday, December 03, 2005

I started to put the lights on the Christmas tree yesterday and discovered most the white light strands were not working. I bought colored lights today. I figured we needed a change. Rachael helped me put up the lights tonight (she ordered me around!). Then Jacob and Rachael helped me hang ornaments. They really liked it. So picture a crooked tree with most the ornaments hung on the bottom branches. I love it! I wouldn't change a thing - well, except for the ornaments maybe. Most the ornaments went with our former 'look' - white lights, pretty color-coordinated ornaments. Our crooked tree is just begging for the type of ornaments I grew up with - velveteen Christmas characters, beaded icicles. I talked with my mom tonight and told her I would trade my stylish stuff for the velveteen - I miss Santa and the elves. Oh - and a star on top with fuzzy garland and multi-colored lights! Need it! (well, actually, don't need it, want it!). After the Christmas tree was done I put 2 packages that my parents had left for us under the tree. Jacob began asking to "open". I told him to open the packages. He was not too crazy about the pie plate, but was really intrigued with the hair clipper kit. Wait until we use it on him - his attitude will change then!

Rachael then morphed into a Christmas version of Vanna White. She would go to each ornament, name it ("star", "ball", "heart"). When she got to the bells she would launch into a "Jingle Bells." She was pretty angry when daddy rained on her parade and told her it was bedtime.

No comments: