Friday, June 16, 2006

As I type, I am watching Abby climb up the brick step at the base of the fireplace, then use the step as a booster to climb into the chair next to the tv. She's also walking more around the house. You can pretty much tell when she's walking, even if she's not in your line of vision, because she starts squealing. She's quite proud of herself. We are supposed to have a cool front tomorrow - rain/storms and high of 88. The paper today said that so far we are having the warmest temps in the past century, and summer starts Wednesday!

Saw the baby yesterday on the sonogram. I don't have any good pics to share because it was moving around like crazy. Deren can already feel it kick when he touches my stomach. It's fun to have an active baby. All it usually takes is a popsicle and it's doing sommersaults. I told Dr. Bass that Deren would kill me if I found out the sex of the baby, so she's not to tell me anything. She gave me a funny look and said "Is Deren okay?" I laughed and told her that Deren just loves surprises, and especially with this being our tie-breaker baby, it will be a neat surprise. Everything looks good with the baby - it's measuring on target.

With the warmer weather Joshua and Jacob have been loving popsicles. Joshua opens the fridge an average of every 5-10 mins to beg for a popsicle. Won't sign for it, of course, just tries to grab and run. We're teaching both boys the sign for popsicle, but Joshua's motto has always been 'why should I sign when I can take!'

Rachael has a new word in her vocabulary - library. Abby likes the library, too. She'll go to the door to the garage and pat on it because she wants to get in the car to go to the library. It's so cute to see them enjoy it so much.

I told Deren I've had my last grocery shopping trip with Rachael. I am not a fan of grocery shopping, and what should have been a 1/2 hour trip today extended 1 1/2 hours. It was misery. Every 2 ft "mommy, another grape" or a full-scale attack on the cookie/juice/cereal aisle. She wasn't horrible or anything, I just wanted out of that store! We got home minutes before the boys' bus arrived. By the time I finished with lunch, grocery, and dishwasher unloading it was close to 3pm. I sat on the couch to be woken up a couple minutes later by Abby's cackling - she was sitting on the chair by the fireplace by herself and as proud of herself as can be. Oh, she is Joshua's little sissy, alright!

I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. For the meatballs I chopped up green bell pepper, onions, and garlic. I put 2 roma tomatoes in the food processor. I added 2 tsp of parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp of salt and black pepper, and my ground beef. They were pretty good. Hopefully no heartburn tonight (crossing fingers).

No comments: