Monday, March 27, 2006

Deren started his new job at Countrywide today. Unfortunately, he woke up with the stomach bug that Rachael brought home from school last week, and he had to go to work anyway. Didn't figure it would make a good impression calling in sick the first day. Poor Deren. Once again, poor Deren.

Rachael went back to school today. She missed Thurs and Fri. She had a good time. Her language seems to be really picking up at home. Still a delay, but she's saying much more than she was. She especially likes to boss us all around now. "Shoosh Jacob. Go to your room. Calm Down!" "I want juice. The cup is Right There!" "Abby, Be Quiet!" ..the list goes on. Jacob's teacher was at the house last Wednesday and commented on Rachael's, uhh, direct manner.

It warmed up over the weekend. The kids loved being outside. I say this again and again - Abby takes after Josh so much. She is in heaven outdoors. One of her favorite things (besides being pushed in her swing) is to pick pansies with sissy in the front yard. The season for pansies is about over, so I will have to be sure to plant some summer annuals so there will continue to be flowers to pick.

I started walking again. I had been on a hiatus since the flu - close to 4 wks with no exercise. Needless to say, I'm out of shape.

Abby is doing better, but still wakes up at night coughing pretty bad. She's "only" 2 wks into the flu, so she may not be better for another couple weeks. I haven't been going to bible study or the mom's group at church - I can't imagine a worse place for her to be right now that the church nursery. I tell you what - the military needs to look no further than a room full of preschoolers to develop an effect bio-warfare program.

No comments: